Friday, April 27, 2012

Getting A Gwen

This is the last belly shot before baby sister came.
and now Gwenny is 3 weeks old. I cant believe how fast time is moving. we are just loving her up and trying to get into the swing of having 3 little people. It hasnt been too difficult of an adjustment. Rocko has had a few sad moments where he wants to still be the baby, but He loves his little sister so much. He really could kiss her all day. I have to tell him, "She has had enough kisses for today, lets save our kisses for tomorrow." I am feeling really good. SOO Glad to not be pregnant anymore. but I am really nervous for Jon to start his Masters program. I hope we will be able to manage and not go crazy. I wanted to blog about the day she came before I forget.
on Wednesday the 4th I had my doc app. I had been walking a ton hoping I would be dilated and I was a 3+. Doc O thought we probably wouldnt make it to the next week. I was hoping it would happen that night but my contractions were only 7-10 minutes apart. So we went home and went to bed thinking it could be soon. The next morning I woke up with zero contractions. and then I was bummed. maybe I would make it to the next appointment. I went on another long walk and cleaned my whole house and still no contractions. I gave up on the thought that it would be soon. Jon called and asked how I was feeling and I told him great. but probably not going to have a babe anytime soon. After dinner the boys and I sang songs and had a mini dance party. then I got them in bed and waited for Jon to get home from Night school. Once I had sat down and relaxed for 20 minutes. the contractions started. Jon got home at 9:30 and I told him they were 5 minutes apart and strong so we waited for an hour to see if they were going to fade. by 11 they were 4 minutes apart and we debated what we should do. I text my mom and told her things were looking serious and gave her a heads up we may be calling her. at 1130 I knew we needed to go to the hospital. So we loaded up the kids and drove to St. George. now this is the cheesy element of the story: As we turned onto the highway, we saw a shooting star. and Jon was really cute and said, "There she is, she's coming." I loved it. it was so exciting to be in labor in the middle of the night and Know it was really happening. we got to the hospital around 12:45 in the morning. My mom and Ken met us there and took the boys to their place. Jon and I went in and I was dilated to a 5+ and my contractions were 4 minutes apart and getting painful. we were admitted at 2am and got settled in. I already blogged the crazy delivery so I wont go into it again. She arrived at 11:42am. It was one of the best moments of my life. Getting a Gwen. Man, we Love her.

No comments: